Spotify, the world’s most popular music streaming service, shares that over 40 million users love Discover Weekly, with nearly 5 billion tracks streamed since it launched in June 2015
Updated every Monday morning, Discover Weekly gives users the best-ever music recommendations, tailored specifically to what users listen to, and delivered as a weekly mixtape of awesome, completely personalized music. Now everyone has a reason to look forward to Mondays!
Here’s a look at how Spotify users are keeping their listening fresh with Discover Weekly:
- More than half of all Discover Weekly listeners come back the following week.
- More than half of all Discover Weekly listeners stream at least 10 tracks from each week.
- More than half of Discover Weekly listeners go on to save at least one song to their own playlist.
- Discover Weekly is most popular among 25-34 age group, closely followed by the 55+ age group.
- The top three genres streamed from Discover Weekly since its launch are (1) pop, (2) indietronica, and (3) indie pop.
- Discover Weekly is not just about giving listeners personalized music; it is also about benefiting artists and helping them to get discovered. Half of the listeners of over 8,000 artists come from Discover Weekly; artists like BØRNS and Halsey were discovered by over a million new listeners through Discover Weekly.
Other artists like Transviolet, Tasty Treat, and Safakash – all of whom have over half their monthly listeners coming from Discover Weekly – have used that bump to meaningfully grow their fanbase.
In the Philippines, the most streamed artist on Discover Weekly are Boyce Avenue, Jasmine Thomspon, Austin Mahone, and Travis Atreo to name a few.
A billion thank yous to all the music fans who have made Discover Weekly a phenomenon. Spotify couldn’t be more excited about all of the music being discovered, listened to, and shared every day through Discover Weekly.
Here’s to Mondays and to even more music discovery. Remember, the more tunes streamed, the better Discover Weekly gets!
For more listening pleasure, check out the all-time top tracks listened to most on Discover Weekly.
Spotify is an award-winning digital music service that gives you on-demand access to over 30 million tracks. Our dream is to make all the world’s music available instantly to everyone, wherever and whenever you want it. Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage and share music with your friends, while making sure that artists get a fair deal.
Spotify is now available in 58 markets globally with more than 75 million active users, and over 20 million paying subscribers.
Since its launch in Sweden in 2008, Spotify has driven more than US$3bn to rights holders. Spotify is now the second biggest source of digital music revenue for labels in Europe, and the biggest and most successful music streaming service of its kind globally.